The following is a simple description of the Sage 100 (MAS 90) integration that FreightWise created for a number of our clients. This process is a high-level representation and if details are needed please reach out to your FreightWise sales contact or email us at: help@FreightWiseLLC.com
High Level FreightWise Process
At its core FreightWise has developed a special plugin / application that connects directly to a client's Sage 100 workstation. This can be done over the network, on the same server instance, or even over a stable VPN.
1 - Start BOL
FreightWise user starts a new BOL in the FreightWise (online) web application by entering a Sales Order # that exists in Sage 100.
2 - Client / Server Interactions
The FreightWise web server sends a message to the Sage 100 client integration at the clients site. The message contains information on what to retrieve from Sage 100 - usually the Sales Order # is the most important part of information.
3 - Sage 100 Data Extraction
The FreightWise client integration uses the sales order number by connecting to the client's Sage 100 workstation (server) and processed to pull the following:
- Sales Order Details
- Commodity Details - These are product item being shipped
- and other important attributes based on client specific needs.
- Pricing details if a Pro-forma invoice is needed
Once the information is gathered the Sage 100 client integration makes a sure web service call to a dedicated FreightWise server to process the Sage 100 details.
4 - Processing Details of Sage 100 Sales Order
A dedicated instance of a server (client specific) receives the web service call and builds the BOL in the FreightWise web application. Client specific options during this stage can be:
- Pre-Routing (carrier assignment) on the Least Cost Carrier (LCC)
- Assignment of an electronic PRO# or Tracking # (if a parcel shipment)
- Auto Pickup Scheduling for LTL carriers
- And many more based on client needs
5 - BOL Processing & Manifestation
Once the user review the created BOL he/she can manifest (complete) the BOL. If so needed the Sage 100 integration can make another web-service call to the Sage 100 Client Integration to save the estimated freight/parcel costs, tracking numbers, and assigned carriers back to Sage 100 concluding the shipping process. Additional actions that many of our clients use are :
- Savings BOL, Shipping, and Pro-Forma Invoices to a special folder on the clients server
- Sending emails to shipping department with Sage 100 details and barcodes for quick processing
- Sending emails and SMS messages to the recipients of the shipment for tracking updates and BOL details - usually the end customer of the FreightWise client
- Sage 100 (MAS 90) operates on windows. In order to connect a windows server instance is needed. The server instance can be virtualized on Hypervisor or a stand-alone physical server.
- The server requirements are minimal: 8GB RAM, +2.4 GHz processor, ~100GB of hard drive space
- Windows Server 2019
- Sage 100 Client installed
- An active Sage 100 license. The integration will use a license to read and update Sage 100
- Important - No Firewall ports need to be exposed - This ensures total security for our Sage 100 Clients