This guide will help you enable Pickup Requests with AAA Cooper for a client in FreightWise. Before beginning, you will need to obtain the client’s AAA Cooper username, password.
- Go to https://www.aaacooper.com/ws/webservicerequest.aspx
- Check the Pickup box and click Web Service Request
- An email will be sent to the AAA Cooper username from email@example.com containing the token
- Note: This may take up to 24 hours.
- Hazmat pickups are allowed for this carrier
Add Credentials to FreightWise
- Go to https://go.freightwisellc.com
- Navigate to Company Management and select the client
- Find the Credential panel and click the Add (+) button
- Enter AAA Cooper API Key for the name
- Choose API Key for the Credential Type
- Turn on the Production switch if you are ready to make pickup requests
- Set AAA Cooper (AACT) as the carrier
- Click Create Credential
- Expand the Fields Panel
- Select the Edit button
- Enter the Security Token under key
- Save the fields on the Credential
- Enable Directions In the Company Branches section
- Locate each of the branches that this credential applies to
- Select the Directions that apply to this Branch / Credential combination [Inbound, Outbound, Third Party, Transfer]
- Note: The direction buttons save automatically.
Verify Branch Hours of Operation
- To prevent needing to manually set pick up hours on every BOL, you can edit the Company Branches to set default pickup hours. See this guide for more info.