This guide will help you enable API access with ABF Freight for a client in FreightWise.
Note: Cancelling a pickup request is not supported by the ABF Freight API. To cancel a pickup request, you will need to contact Customer Solutions or ABF Freight.
Note: Hazmat pickup scheduling is not supported for ABF Freight. Clients must call them for shipments including hazardous materials.
To get started, you will need the following:
- ABF Freight account (sign up here )
- ABF Freight username
- ABF Freight password
- Letter of Authorization signed by the client (this should be on file in Company Management -> Client -> Files)
New Account Registration Process
- After submitting the account registration form, a password creation link will be sent by email. This could take up to an hour or more.
- ABF Freight may ask for a Letter of Authorization (LOA) before granting FreightWise users access to a client's account.
Obtain API Key and Access API Documentation
- Sign into your ABF Freight account, and click the Menu dropdown in the navigation bar.
- Select Resources from the dropdown, and then the link to the APIs page.
- From here the API Key will be shown along with links to the various API Documentation offerings.
Add Credentials to FreightWise
- Go to https://go.freightwisellc.com
- Navigate to Company Management and select the client
- Find the Credential panel and click the Add (+) button
- Enter ABF API for the name
- Choose API Key for the type
- Turn on the Production switch if you are ready to make pickup requests
- Set ABF Freight (ABFS) as the carrier
- Enter the client's ABF Freight account number under Account Number
- Click Create Credential
- In the new credentials tab, edit the Fields with the client's information
- Enter the client's ABF Freight username under username
- Enter the client's ABF Freight password under password
- Enter the client's ABF Freight API key under key
- Press the save button when finished
- Enable Directions In the Company Branches section
- Locate each of the branches that this credential applies to
- Select the Directions that apply to this Branch / Credential combination [Inbound, Outbound, Third Party, Transfer]
- Note: The direction buttons save automatically
Verify Branch Hours of Operation
- To prevent needing to manually set pick up hours on every BOL, you can edit the Company Branches to set default pickup hours. See this guide for more info