This guide will help you set up a USB printer or a Windows Network Printer with the FreightWise Desktop App.
Note: USB Printer and Windows Network Printers are not supported on macOS at this time.
Before you begin, make sure:
- The printer is installed per the manufacturer's instructions
- The printer is connected and powered on
- You can print a test print from any Windows application (Chrome, Notepad, Word, etc)
- In the Windows search bar, search for printers.
- Select Printers & Scanners Under Best match
- If the printer you want is not displayed, please follow the manufacturer's installation instructions
- If there are multiple printers with the same name (Note: this is usually not needed):
- Select one of the printers and press Manage
- On the left hand side of the window, select Printer Properties
- Change the name of the printer in the field next to the the printer icon
- Click OK.
- Note: After pressing OK the printers name may not update in the settings screen. Press the back button in the top left, and the name will be updated on the next screen
FreightWise Desktop App
Adding a Local Printer
- Click the printer icon in the upper right hand corner of the FreightWise desktop application.
- Click the drop down under the type of printer you would like to set up.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the drop down list and select the local printer.